Wüsthof Ikon 2-Stage Hand-Held Knife Sharpener
Couldn't load pickup availability
The perfect tool for sharpening all Straight-Edged Knives! Easily restore your favourite knife's cutting edge with this 2-stage Hand-Held Knife Sharpener
The Wüsthof 2-stage pull-through, V-shaped Knife Sharpener with diamond rods and ceramic steels is particularly suitable for those who do not feel comfortable using Sharpening Steels or Whetstones.
With this Sharpener, the knife is simply drawn through the guiding notches a few times - the notch with diamond rods is used for coarser sharpening (for blunt blades) while the ceramic notch is for fine sharpening (for coarsely sharpened or moderately-sharp blades) – and results are quickly achieved.
For optimal results, place the sharpener on a flat surface. While holding the sharpener with one hand and your knife's handle with the other, insert the knife blade fully into the notch at a 90-degree angle to the sharpener. Apply moderate downward pressure on the blade while pulling the knife toward you through the appropriate notch.
Repeat this action, always pulling the blade from heel to tip and never back and forth. This universal sharpener is not intended for use with knives featuring serrated or scalloped edges.
- Includes 1, Wüsthof Ikon 2-Stage Hand-Held Knife Sharpener
- Features a 2-stage functionality, one for coarser sharpening and one for fine sharpening
- Made of Stainless Steel
- Features a notch with diamond rods
- Easily restore your favourite knife's cutting edge
- Removes a tiny amount of metal from the knife so honing steel is also recommended for daily/regular honing
- Handwash Only
- All knives (except those with a serrated edge) should be sharpened regularly for optimum performance. Ideally, this should be done every time you use your knife
- Knife sharpeners should be washed regularly, to remove oils or metal particles, which may build up on the sharpener and reduce its efficiency
- Total Length: 20 cm
3060388001 / 4348
**Note**: The reason some variants have two product codes is because Wüsthof has redesigned their logo and packaging. The two codes denoted above for each variant are the new one and the old one, respectively. The Blade is the same, despite slight branding differences. You might receive either version, depending on our stock.