Wüsthof Classic Heavy Cleaver 16cm
Couldn't load pickup availability
The cleaver is a heavy, axlike knife used for about the past 4,500 years to cut through animal bone and meat; in modern times the cleaver, generally made of iron or carbon steel, remains a requisite tool of the butcher and a common kitchen implement.
The Wüsthof Classic Heavy Cleaver is a high-quality chopping knife, suitable for heavier work and makes the cutting of ribs, racks, bones, and also extremely hard-skinned fruit - such as coconuts - easy. The large flat of the blade, together with its strength and rigidity make for easier and fatigue-free prepping. This handle can stand everything you can possibly throw at it in the kitchen. The steel runs seamlessly into the handle and is riveted to the blade.
Each knife in the Classic triple riveted series by Wusthof is forged in a 40-step process that begins with a single blank of high-carbon stainless steel to ensure outstanding strength. Each piece of Classic cutlery features a full tang that is triple-riveted to the handle, offering the user precision-level control. They also feature a full bolster and finger guard for optimal, comfortable use. Your children can probably inherit your Wüsthofs.
- Includes 1, Wüsthof Classic Heavy Cleaver 16cm
- The perfect knife for breaking down tendons and bones, as well as chopping heavy vegetables
- Long-lasting extreme sharpness, thanks to Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention
- Blade hardness of 58º Rockwell -> considered ideal for kitchen knives as it offers a balance between ease of sharpening and excellent edge retention
- Features a high-carbon stainless steel blade
- Handwash Only
- Made in Solingen, Germa
- Total Length: 28.5 cm
- Blade Length: 16 cm
- Weight: 680 gr