Wüsthof Classic Hollow Edge Nakiri 17cm
Couldn't load pickup availability
A Nakiri knife is a classic Japanese-style knife that has a straight, symmetrical edge that is most commonly used for slicing, dicing, and chopping vegetables. Its main feature is its straight blade, which encourages a specific style of cutting. Unlike a Chef Knife, which utilizes a rocking motion, the Nakiri is ideal for an up-and-down motion, perfect for celery stalks, carrots, onions, leeks, zucchini, eggplant, and many more.
The Classic 17cm Nakiri Knife is designed with a thinner blade than the traditional cleaver, at a 10° cutting edge, and features a long straight edge.
The hollow edge contains evenly spaced vertical indentations that create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce the friction and drag when slicing, as well as prevents food from sticking to the blade, allowing for paper-thin slicing.
Each knife in the Classic triple riveted series by Wusthof is forged in a 40-step process that begins with a single blank of high-carbon stainless steel to ensure outstanding strength. Each piece of Classic cutlery features a full tang that is triple-riveted to the handle, offering the user precision-level control. They also feature a full bolster and finger guard for optimal, comfortable use. Your children can probably inherit your Wüsthofs.
- Includes 1, Wüsthof Classic Hollow Edge Nakiri 17cm
- A versatile vegetable cleaver for slicing, dicing, and chopping even large vegetables, Soft and hard
- Extremely sharp with a wide, thin blade
- The blade of the nakiri knife is provided with dimples, creating small 'air bubbles', which prevents food from sticking to the blade during cutting
- Long-lasting extreme sharpness, thanks to Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention
- Blade hardness of 58º Rockwell -> allows for faster, easier, and more efficient blade sharpening
- Features a high-carbon stainless steel blade
- Handwash Only
- Always wash prior to use as orders fulfilled by Vatiliotis are shipped directly from our warehouse
- Made in Solingen, Germany
- Total Length: 29 cm
- Blade Length: 17 cm