Wüsthof Gourmet Hollow Edge Santoku 17cm
Couldn't load pickup availability
The word Santoku means “three virtues”, referring to the three main tasks of this kitchen knife: slicing, dicing, and mincing. The hollow edge prevents food from sticking to the blade.
What a Chef's knife is for European kitchens, the Santoku is for Japan and the whole of Asia: so versatile in shape, weight, and edge that it can be used for mincing and chopping herbs, vegetables and fruit as well as for preparing fish and meat. The sharp blade of a Santoku allows anything from regular to wafer-thin cuts - it is therefore now indispensable in kitchens all around the world.
The hollow edge contains evenly spaced vertical indentations that create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce the friction and drag when slicing, as well as prevents food from sticking to the blade, allowing for paper-thin slicing.
Wusthof's Gourmet line offers chefs and home cooks the perfect mix of quality and value. All pieces are laser-cut stamped and feature durable POM handles to meet your every need. The result is a knife that looks very similar to the knives from the Wusthof Classic series. But because of the production method, the Gourmet knives are considerably cheaper. Many users find the lower weight an advantage as well. The Gourmet series is very comprehensive so anyone can put together their ideal knife set. Your children can probably inherit your Wüsthofs.
- Includes 1, Wüsthof Gourmet Hollow Edge Santoku Knife 17cm
- The blade of the santoku knife is provided with dimples, creating small 'air bubbles', which prevents food from sticking to the blade during cutting
- Long-lasting extreme sharpness, thanks to Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention
- Features a high-carbon stainless steel blade
- Handwash Only
- Always wash prior to use as orders fulfilled by Vatiliotis are shipped directly from our warehouse
- Made in Solingen, Germany
- Total Length: 29.5 cm
- Blade Length: 17 cm
1035046017 - 4188
Only the new version is available
**Note**: The reason some variants have two product codes is because Wüsthof has redesigned their logo and packaging. The two codes denoted above for each variant are the new one and the old one, respectively. The Blade is the same, despite slight branding differences. You might receive either version, depending on our stock.