Wüsthof Classic Hollow Edge Santoku 17cm
Couldn't load pickup availability
The word Santoku means “three virtues”, referring to the three main tasks of this kitchen knife: slicing, dicing and mincing. The hollow edge prevents food from sticking to the blade.
What a Chef's knife is for European kitchens, the Santoku is for Japan and the whole of Asia: so versatile in shape, weight, and edge that it can be used for mincing and chopping herbs, vegetables and fruit as well as for preparing fish and meat. The sharp blade of a Santoku allows anything from regular to wafer-thin cuts - it is therefore now indispensable in kitchens all around the world.
The hollow edge contains evenly spaced vertical indentations that create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce the friction and drag when slicing, as well as prevents food from sticking to the blade, allowing for paper-thin slicing.
Each knife in the Classic triple riveted series by Wusthof is forged in a 40-step process that begins with a single blank of high-carbon stainless steel to ensure outstanding strength. Each piece of Classic cutlery features a full tang that is triple-riveted to the handle, offering the user precision-level control. They also feature a full bolster and finger guard for optimal, comfortable use. Your children can probably inherit your Wüsthofs.
- Includes 1, Wüsthof Classic Hollow Edge Santoku Knife 17cm
- Used for: Fruits, Vegetables, Meats, and Fish
- The blade of the santoku knife is provided with dimples, creating small 'air bubbles', which prevent food from sticking to the blade during cutting
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention
- Features a high-carbon stainless steel blade
- Handwash Only
- Always wash prior to use as orders fulfilled by Vatiliotis are shipped directly from our warehouse
- Made in Solingen, Germany
- Total Length: 30 cm
- Blade Length: 17 cm
1030131317 - 4183
**Note**: The reason some variants have two product codes is because Wüsthof has redesigned their logo and packaging. The two codes denoted above for each variant are the new one and the old one, respectively. The Blade is the same, despite slight branding differences. You might receive either version, depending on our stock.
Packaged well and delivered on time. A bit expensive but worth every penny. Great size and comes sharp out of the box. Easy to clean and very ergonomic making it easy to cut and maneuver to cut things like peppers. Would buy again in a heartbeat.